Liposuction is the best option for getting rid of lumpy fat areas to get a toned look. Like a lot of invasive procedures, liposuction also comes with its set of risks, therefore it is important that you try and lower the prospects of these as much as you can.
- Do not think that all areas of your body are treatable. Most are but not every inch of your body is. The appropriate areas that can be treated are the thighs, knees, buttocks, waist, arms, and chest.
- Do not continue with over the counter meds and supplements. Products like Vitamin E and Aspirin slow down the clotting of blood. In the same way, anti-inflammatory meds is what raises the chances of bleeding during a surgery. Before the surgery, the doctor is going to talk about supplements and meds that you are currently taking and which one of them you need to stop taking.
- Never hesitate to ask questions that pop up in your head. In fact, before your consultation with the surgeon at Sono Bello, take a list of questions which confuse you. An educated patient is better able to take care of themselves pre and post surgery.
- Do not make the mistake of expecting a skinny figure right after the day of the surgery. The ultimate result comes up in a couple of months.
Make sure you do your homework. Liposuction has a lot of myths flying around and you cannot rely on simple hearsay when it comes to deciding on what type of procedure or which area you want to get treated.
- Religiously follow the post operation directions. All these are going to affect the accurate results that you will finally be able to see in a couple of weeks when the swelling stops. At Sono Bello, the suggestions that your physician has made are there to make sure that you face zero complications. Activities like walking, not strenuously, can help you cut down any risk of clotting. Also, in many cases, the compression garments are recommended to be worn around the surgical site.
- Make sure that you do understand all of your options. Do not just go with one that you comprehend best. There are plenty of options for liposuction surgery. Tumescent liposuction, which is the safest procedure, makes use of local anesthesia, where the fat is injected along with a sizable dose of anesthetic liquid that makes it easier to get rid of fat, plus it is painless. The ultrasonic and the laser assisted liposuction techniques are what liquefy fat when it is being removed, which cuts down on recovery time.
- Maintain healthy weight when you are preparing for the surgery. To get more accurate results, it is best that you are close to normal weight and have firm skin because this is not a natural weight loss method.